Laminate flooring is a multi-layer synthetic flooring product fused together with a lamination process. Laminate flooring simulates wood (or sometimes stone) with a photographic applique layer under a clear protective layer.
Pros of Laminate floors
- Durable and fairly long lasting
- Scratch and dent resistant
- Low maintenance
- Cost effective, (much less expensive than real wood)
Cons of Laminate floors
- Very succeptible to wate damage
- Floating click-lock floor, (non-glued), tends to sound and feel hollow under foot.
- Expands and contracts with atmospheric conditions in the home.
Laminate will buckle and gap when exposed to high volumes of water or pet pee, if not attended to. Also, laminate will buckle if an expansion gap is not provided
Popular Laminate Brands
We carry first quality laminate products from these leading brands:
We Serve the Flooring & Tiling Needs in these areas around Austin Texas
South Austin, Southwest Austin, Circle C, Manchaca, Garrison Park, Buda, Kyle, Dripping Springs, Driftwood, Bee Cave, Westlake, Barton Hills, Downtown Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Leander, Travis County